When a positive environmental test result occurs in your site, you may want to start to manage the remediation or corrective action taken for this test point and particular test method that triggered the positive result. Sample6 CONTROL will allow you to create a remediation workflow to help you manage the process. You will be able configure CONTROL to automatically reschedule test points for testing according to your environmental plan. You will also be able to customize the steps taken for each remediation before it can be considered complete.
To set up a new remediation protocol:
- Log into Sample6 CONTROL and click your name under "Settings," in the far right corner
- Click the 'Remediations' button on the left side of the page
- Click the green 'Create New' button
- Add a descriptive name to your remediation in the pop-up box. Note: You can have multiple remediation protocols for a Test Method so be descriptive as possible
- Your remediation will appear under "Remediation Protocols." Click the open box to turn the remediation protocol on. A "on/off" box will appear indicating that the remediation is active.
- Order your remediation protocols by hitting the blue "up/down" arrows. The top protocol will trump those below it, if they share similar characteristics.
- Edit your remediation protocol by clicking the pencil icon by the red trash can
Customize the Remediation Protocol:
"Schedule Settings" - How often and when are you retesting the remediation test point
- Hit the green "Edit" button
- Remediation schedule repeat: Choose how many times you want the remediation activities to repeat before the test point is "released" from the remediation loop. (ie. 3x activites/negative results before the corrective action is complete)
- Group remediations: check this box if you want to group remediation "test reschedules" on a particular day of the week into one automatically generated schedule. This can be useful if many remediation retests are common in the plant
- Group remediations day: Day of the week the remediations retests will be grouped if the 'group remediations' box is checked
- Remediation schedule repeat gap: after a completed remediation cycle (all activities completed and retest is negative) this is the gap in days between the next remediation repeat (if more than 1 is chosen)
- Hit "Save" when finished
"Filters" - choose which parts of your plant utilize the remediation protocol
- Hit the green Edit button
- Choose the Site/s (if more than one) from the drop down box. Check marks indicate more than one site chosen
- Choose any test point Program/s from the drop down box. Check marks indicate more than one program chosen
- Choose the Analysis Type/s the remediation protocol applies to. Check marks indicate more than one analysis type chosen
- Choose the Zones the remediation protocol applies to. Check marks indicate more than one zone chosen
- Hit "Save" when finished
"Activity List" - Steps to complete/sign off before retesting the test point
- Hit the "Create New" button to add a step to the remediation activity list
- Name the activity and Add notes to describe what needs to be performed for each activity
- Add a file or document for each activity, if desired. Note: You do not need to create an activity to schedule a re-test. This will happen automatically when the last activity is completed.
- Hit Save when the activities for this remediation protocol are set