It's always a good idea to have a well organized workspace when processing samples. It is recommended to clean and sanitize your workspace before removing your samples from the incubator by spraying a 70% solution of alcohol and wiping down with a paper towel/Kim wipe.
- Remove Detection Reagent A and Detection Reagent B from the 4C fridge and let come to room temp before usage (about 30 minutes)
- Power on the Sample6 DETECT Reader (if not already on) with the switch on the back. This should be done at least 30 minutes prior to sampling to allow the machine to warm up. A green light will turn on and you should also hear an audible "CLICK". This is only the door mechanism engaging and is a normal sound.
- Power on your previously installed "Air Console" (if not already on) to turn on bluetooth connection/possible Wifi to the iPad
- In the test kit provided you will find a bag of small micro tubes. Get out the microtube rack and place 21 1.5ml micro tubes in 2 separate rows.
- Close the caps of each tube and number the tubes in each row using the 2 sets of numbered stickers provided or a permanent marker. A sticker for the control tube is also provided.