The Schedule module in Sample6 CONTROL is a great way to create and manage your environmental testing plan. There you can create schedules of test points to add environmental testing results to your site. There are some settings you may want to adjust to make the best use of your schedules.
To adjust Schedule settings:
- Log into Sample6 CONTROL
- Click your name in the upper right and select 'Settings'
- Click the 'Schedule' button on left of the Settings page
- Click the 'Edit' button at the top to adjust your schedule settings
Note: Hovering your mouse over some of the settings will explain their function in greater detail (also explained below)
Description of Schedule Settings:
- Default Analysis type: Test Method automatically chosen when creating a schedule. This can be manually changed from a drop-down menu
- Autosort: Choose the sorting criteria (Room, Description, Zone, etc.) and your saved schedules will be sorted by that column in the schedule.
- Order: Choose "ascending" or "descending" for how your columns will be sorted (alphabetically, low-to-high). Note: Clicking the column header of a schedule will also sort the columns manually
- Autoselect: Checking this box, will autoselect a number of test points when creating a schedule. The number of test points autoselected will be found under the "Randomize" button when creating a schedule.
- Schedule abandonment days: These are the number of days an Open Schedule remains in the "Open Schedule" queue before moving to the "Abandoned and Deleted" queue. Note: Schedules in the 'abandoned state' can be returned to the "Opened" queue by either collecting them or changing the date of the schedule to a current or future date.
- Number of test points: Change the number of test points automatically chosen when creating a schedule. This can be seen under the "Randomize" button and changed manually if desired.
- Enable lab data exchange: This functionality is part of a larger integration with Sample6 CONTROL and LIMS software. Usage of this function requires specific assistance with our Sample6 team.
- Lab Address: Mailing address for your 3rd party lab on documents exchanged between labs when schedules are collected and results are entered. A Collected Schedule Report can be seen by selecting "Print" on the when viewing a collected schedule.
- When selecting 'Untested' include tested points to meet target number: When creating a schedule there is a box for "untested" test points under the "Randomize" button (below). Clicking this box will search for a number of test points that have not been tested in your plant, based on the "Warning Days" you set, or the threshold of time you set to cover all of the test points in your plant. If all points have been covered, this Schedule option will add previously tested points to meet a set number you want to save in a schedule
- Enable scenario widget: Check the box to enable the "Saved Scenario" widget under the "Create Schedule" page. This widget enables you to save and repeat schedules of test points that follow your filter selections of test points and rules when creating a schedule or series of schedules
- Exclude test points with open remediation: When this box is checked, test points that are in the remediation process are excluded from a list of test points that can be included in new schedules
- Exclude test points already scheduled: When this box is checked test points already in an open schedule can not be chosen for any new schedules. This can be manually overidden under the Filter section in the Create Schedule page.